MTT are looking for full-time, permanent IT Manager, based at our office in Chorley to join our team. The main responsibilities for the role are as follows –
· Plan, organise, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data
· Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
· Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
· Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
· Audit systems and assess their outcomes to mitigate security breaches.
· Manage IT assets, information security and control structures.
· Provide technical support to all employees.
· Install and configure hardware equipment and software programs.
· Track and measure system and network performance
· Perform troubleshooting and execute needed repairs
· Regularly perform network and system security checks and troubleshoot.
· Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wired networks, including servers, routers, firewalls, hubs, switches, UPSs and other hardware.
· Determine and resolve issues with business internet connectivity, WAN technologies, remote access, and VPN configuration.
· Develop and maintain high security networks and computer systems.
· Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems.
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
· Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
· Track existing processes and offer solutions for improvement.
· Manage existing, and deploy new system configurations, patches, updates etc., including Windows Server, Virtualisation Systems (Windows and MAC)
· Review and develop security-related contract documents
· Maintain records / logs of repairs and fixes.
· Develop and maintain business applications i.e., ERP
· Collaboratively work with senior management across multiple departments.
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
· Any other reasonable request made by a director or Line Manager.
Qualifications and experience
· Degree or HNC qualified in a relevant Computer Science or IT discipline.
· In-depth knowledge of a variety of IT systems, databases, and applications.
· Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and repairing of IT issues, computer networks, network administration and network installation.
· Competent working with TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration.
· 5+ years working experience in a similar role or relevant experience.
· Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
· Experience in setting up high security networks and computer systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· UK National – Essential.
· Willing to obtain DV security clearance.
Pay and benefits:
This role offers a basic salary of up to £40k per annum with a bonus opportunity plus pension and life assurance. In addition, we provide 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
Machine Tool Technologies provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
- Yearly bonus
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Information Technology: 1 year (preferred)