Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently looking for several Mechanical Design Engineers to join our expanding team. Any relevant experience will be considered whether you are in a junior or a senior role.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000-£60,000 per year
- Yearly bonus
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Produce mechanical designs & associated documentation for machine tool projects.
- Develop design specifications from internal and external customers. Collaborate and integrate specifications with the electrical design department and ensure overall congruence of mechanical and electrical designs.
- Adhere to project plans for the delivery of designs to support business objectives.
- Derive bills of materials from produced designs, liaising with suppliers to identify procurement solutions.
- Produce and communicate FAT and SAT documentation for projects.
- Collaborate with the electrical design department to produce documentation for customer specific, or mandatory conformance (for example: CE marking).
- Provide relevant mechanical hardware expertise and support to various R&D projects, including production of drawings for new developments.
- Modify and maintain design documentation such that they reflect the “as built” condition of each machine.
- Maintain a “right first time” approach, ensuring that all designs and machines delivered to customers are of the highest possible standard.
- Any other reasonable request made by a Director or Line Manager
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or HNC qualified in a relevant mechanical or mechatronic engineering discipline.
- Experience working in a technical design role within the machine tool industry (OEM or aftermarket).
- Experience of collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Highly competent in a mechanical CAD system (e.g. Solidworks).
- Competent in MS office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- UK National
- Willing to obtain DV security clearance.
For further information, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.